Nutrition is undeniably super important for dancers! We require our bodies to do SO MUCH for us and often for long periods of time! Therefore, it’s crucial that we are fuelling our bodies with plenty of nutrient dense foods for sustained energy and to maximise muscle recovery!
Here’s an example of a nutritious dinner recipe that’s QUICK, EASY, and DELICIOUS!
It serves around 4 people. So, you can either make dinner for the whole fam OR you can pop the rest in the fridge and take it to dance to eat on your dinner break!
Introducing…. Loaded Vege Nachos!
1 can of red kidney beans
1 can of tinned tomatoes
1 can of whole kernel sweet corn
2 capsicums (any colour)
2 small courgettes
Half an onion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried (or fresh!) mixed herbs
1 bag of plain corn chips
Guacamole to go on top! (optional):
1 whole avocado
Half a red onion
1 Tbsp of lemon juice (can just be approx)
A small amount of coriander (I know lots of people aren’t coriander fans so you can totally skip this step!)
- Chop all the ingredients into small pieces. Totally up to you what size you want! I recommend smaller as it’s easier to eat and less chunky!
- Drain the canned beans and sweetcorn to get rid of any excess water.
- Combine all the nacho ingredients (besides the corn chips), into a large frying pan and cook on low heat for around 10 minutes. This means everything will be cooked nicely but nothing will get burnt!
- Add the seasoning (salt, pepper and mixed herbs)
- Stir occasionally! And take off the heat after around 10 minutes.
- Now it’s GUACAMOLE TIME!
- Mash the avocado in a bowl and add the chopped red onion, finely diced coriander, lemon and salt – easy as that!
- Now serve your nacho mix with a side of corn chips, maybe some cheese and your guacamole on top!
- Now invite me over for dinner because that sounds delicious – KIDDING!
And there you have it!
SUPER EASY and SUPER YUM! WOOHOO!
Happy cooking everyone!!